Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lomaharshini and Atmasat! By my Dear Grandpa Shri Atul Kumar Jain.

This post is not about the designing however , it relates to another form of art , Poetry and Story telling, I couldn't help it , I had to post it.. My Grandpa, Shri Atul Kumar Jain , had his first collection of Poems published , the preface being written by the famous writer and poet Sahitya Academy award winner Shri Arun Kamal Ji. The book is named as "Atmasat" and contains 52 beautiful poems.

Another great achievement , he had sometime back which I am equally proud of is his english translation of the novel "Lomharshini" which was originally written by Late Shri K.M Munshi Ji , the famous Gujrati writer , Thanks to my grandpa, now the new generation who is so used to reading in English rather than Hindi or gujrati can now get a taste of Indian literature in a much accessible form. The English translation has been published by the famous publishers, Bharti Vidya Bhawan.
The book is available for sale at the Bharti Vidya Bhawans website as well as at their various locations worldwide. Will try to bring some of his poems and excerpts of his novel on my blog soon ..

till then
see ya

No comments: