Thursday, August 5, 2010

Long Pending projects completed..yippee!

My Husband's visit abroad, my daughter's cooperation and a few late nights helped me complete my long pending projects...the flower arrangement below is just an addition, the project were, the 3D memo board , I designed for my daughter's first birthday, an acrylic handpainted lamp and my first oil painting...I am looking to enhance the pictures and add borders to them to make them look even prettier , any clues and suggestions.

This memo board was for everybody to write a message for my daughter, on her birthday..after that was done , I embellished it with 3D foam flowers and animals, and painted the background with color pencils.

a plain lampshade gets converted into a colorful piece of art, with Kalamkari motifs..I have used acrylic paint and normal sketch pens to do the designs and painting.
Guys, this is my first oil painting ever, I am going cherish it forever..made on a preivously done acrylic canvas, just to test my skills, I guess I came out pretty happy, Next project already started , will post it when completed.


7 comments:

Prachi said...

Awesome !! Always knew that you are too good at it!Love the acrylic lampshade and the painting(with flowers on it).
The message board definitely needs some glittering effects to it..to make it look even prettier!

Sharkara said...

Thanks Prachi, for your encouragement, and boosting my spirit by being a follower, looking forward to see you more on my blog..:)

Neha said...

Very nice work! You have a great vision and a creative eye. Its great to see your projects completed. Flower arrangement- pretty, message board- sure, Reva will treasure it always, Lampshade- beautiful paint work and very nice detail with the hanging beads, oil painting- nice for being your first, but you probably need to steady your hand a bit more.

ATUL JAIN said...

The start is glittering and eye catching.I await to watch your difficult uphill trek in unknown territories of the abstract... atul

Sharkara said...

Thanks Neha for your such crisp appreciation and crticism, I am sure with you guys helping me with your views and ideas, my blog will go a long way ..

Sharkara said...

I am honoured to see you visit and comment on my blog Grandpa...will do my best to make your dream come true:)

A. Naik said...

Thanks for the kind comments! loved the kalamkari inspired lamp shade.. hope to see more of your work!