Friday, September 3, 2010

Say it with Flowers na...:)!! For Rekha and Sharon of theKeyBunch!

These Flowers are from our Terrace Garden back in India...Each one  of them hand grown by my Dad..so the flowers trees and shrubs in the pictures here,..all of them are very dear to me...because they remind me of the awesome time I spent with him...gardening...
Though I also love gardening but he is the dedicated one..so much so that even after his valve replacement surgery last year , when he came back home ...his first few worries included the state of his garden and whether or not the gardener was sincere in his efforts in caring for his plants ...and that's why when I thought of posting for Rekha and Sharon's Septemeber Blog Carnival! Say it with Flowers na...:)!! This one was the first in my mind....So here's a taste of my garden year last year from January to April...

These are hybrid Petunias in Double Shades..

below is the bed with various varieties, including Nasturtium's, Marigolds and Gerbera's

and Here's my favorite,...Frangipani, in full bloom, the pink shade is just adorable..


and this one the "Gulmohar"though not a part of the terrace garden but still a part of it...because  it has grown from the ground to such a height that not only it is taller than the terrace itself but also gives much needed shade to the plants on the terrace. Also its a sheer delight to the eyes in the month of March and April with its wonderful and vibrant colors...   


 Rekha and Sharon of Key Bunch are celebrating 2nd Anniversary of their Blog ....with a nice and Fun idea..of September Blog Carnival! Say it with Flowers Na! Do visit them at thekeybunch.blogspot.com
Thanks! Rekha and Sharon for visiting my blog and leaving such nice comments. I do look forward to hear more from you. Wishing you both all the Very Best!!

6 comments:

Rekha said...

Thanks for participating in the event Sharkara, The flowers look awesome. It's nice to see Dad's efforts blooming in the garden.

Neha said...

Amazing post, Sharkara! and beautiful pictures...must be sooo much fun spending time in this wonderful garden.

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

These are beautiful!

GB said...

I love the frangipani and gulmohar! :) (and those gorgeous petunias!!) :)

Sharon Colaco D'Souza said...

They are beautiful, Sharkara!

sharkara jain said...

Thank You Sharon, GB, Anu and Rekha :)