Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Reena Tandon's Beautiful Home and Garden In Texas!

This is my first home tour...Seriously Speaking I wasn't  very sure ,if I wanted to start home tours on my blog, reason, may be nothing came my way so interesting till yet. However this Diwali , came a surprise, I had posted my bloglink on  facebook for my friends to get a taste of my Diwali,...and there came a very sweet compliment from a very old family friend ,Reena Tandon from Texas, she said she loved my blog and was so impressed by the whole design blog community that now reading them(blogs) has become a part of her daily routine..Also she sent me a few pictures of her house and Garden because she felt, that since I share the same interest I might like her space too, What happened next ...well I was so amazed by the presence of the exotic variety  of Indian plants growing so well in her garden in Texas and the way she has Indianized the space..that I asked for her permission to feature it on my blog, and she was kind enough :)

She has named her Garden "Ashok Vatika" after the famous one in Ramayana,  coincidently her husband's name is Ashok too :) , In her own words she says , I  love my family , my kids and  my husband , but more than that I am  in love with my garden.Well that's something you can see  in the healthy blooms ...
You will find all varieties of Indian plants growing  there, There is Tulsi(Basil), Aawla, Parijaat Harsingaar, Bela Mogra, Raat ki Rani, Malti Lata...to name a few, 

I wonder how she bought them here in Texas...

Here's a glimpse of what I saw...

Her House  ..in Texas 

A variety of Bela Mogra on the front Porch..

                                 Aawla Tree below...

                                   and here is Parijaat Harsingaar...
                                   Also you can see here is Tulsi with Shivling..in the middle,serene

and here's  Raat ki Rani, for those who know what it is isn't the scent  amazing...

                                  Garden Ganpati , and Malti lata Below..



and here is her lovely collection of Ganeshas
and this one I really found so interesting...Her Play house with all the dolls..and all beautiful knitty grittys..


Thank You Reena Aunty for Permitting me to feature your home on  my blog..

8 comments:

Rekha said...

COngrats on ur first house tour, Sharkara..the garden looks perfect with the garden ganapati!

sharkara jain said...

Thank You Rekha.How have you been.

Anita Tandon said...

Hi Sharkara! I'm Reena's daughter, thank you for featuring our home! I wish I inherited her green thumb! By the way, this is a lovely blog!

Reena tandon said...

Hi,,,,,,,,,
Thanks to Sharakara for posting my house, Love yr Blog,

Kamini said...

Oh lovely! I had no idea Paarijaat, Raat ki Rani and Malti Lata grew in Texas, but why not! Came here blog hopping and love your blog! Stop by mine if you have time....

sharkara jain said...

Thanks Kamini for Stopping by, I do visit your blog often, and find it really lovely :)

sharkara jain said...

Thank You Reena Aunty and Anita ...Thanks for the compliments :)

Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

lovely garden featured sharkara...