Monday, November 15, 2010

Welcome to the Family! :)

Welcoming the new addition to my collection of plants, not that I have many, but I love all that I have ....
this is  Adenium Obesum or Desert Rose as it is commonly called. Good indoor pot plant , need lots of sunlight..Well, that was the scientific part, the special story behind it is that,.. this one is, one of the most loved plants in my fathers garden back in India, Me and Dad have together grown so many of them right from the seeds and cuttings, and now they are  all grown up, ....robust big guys  with huge  pot belly's ....with loads of flowers in the season , a treat to eyes you may say :)

So when I saw one in Ikea day before, I just could not resist  picking  up .... it reminded me of my garden back there...
 I am so very excited to make this one accustomed to my house:) Well , may be Crazy me :) But I am loving it
and since this is the first one which  came after I started my blog , I thought I will showcase it :)






2 comments:

Neha Animesh said...

Very nice addition, Sharkara!

I myself have been wanting to get a desert rose for garden for a long time.

sharkara jain said...

Hey! Neha, This was just a chance pick up but I am loving it :) Would love to see some of your garden and home on my blog sometime soon :)