Friday, July 1, 2011

Tuberoses,Jasmines and Gardenia's!

How many of you have stayed in the Northen India , and that also in summer and in rains, and how many of you have noticed the beauty that shines during all these months in the gardens in the form of white twinkling flowers of Bela Mogra(Jasmine), Chandni, Raat ki Rani, Gandhraj(Gardenia) and the RajniGandha(Tuberoses) ,each smell as intoxicating as the other,... and along the side streets in the form of amber Amaltash (laburnums) and firey Gulmohars...


via


Those who have experienced it will agree,it was awesome times....I am sure who still experience the summer there( which has gradually become more and more scorching) will agree too....what made me more nostalgic ...was this...the other day I was reading a facebook entry of one of our friends in Delhi where she mentioned about the rains coming in , and the weather being pleasant , they sitting in their Garden and having hot Chai(tea) and mathri(Indian snack) ,...well that comment of her's made all of us here sigh! and of course nostalgic...We used to do it so often , infact I did a post sometime back about my terrace garden, which must be blooming with all these flowers now... I am so remembering India ....and I am so missing my grandparents and family..

via
My Grandpa...Ever energetic and always on a move...It was his birthday , the 26th of June , So I take this opportunity to  thank him and say once again , I love you ....you are my inspiration and motivation and a very special person in my life and will always be.Thank you is not enough,for all you have given me, the knowledge I have inherited from you about such wide variety of things is invaluable.:)and I will always be grateful :)

I am finally  reading some novels after a long long time(suggestions welcome) . ,  ...If you remember some time back I wrote about my Grandpa's translation of a novel by Late Shri KM Munshi(Lomaharshini) and his book of poetry (Atamsat)both now published and available for sale..you can read about it here & here ..and all this time a copy of the translation (Lomharshini) which he so lovingly gave to me was just lying with me ..It was the other day that I finally started reading it and realized what a beautiful work he has done out of it. I am so fortunate to have read all his poems as they were written, and have experienced it's making first hand...with his never say die spirit , he is still writing and this time short stories in Hindi , will share some of them with you soon...

Also wanted to wish ,A very Happy birthday to one of my oldest friend . She shares the same birth date as my Grandpa.and has been with me ever since I understood friendship.






and Here's the Big Gulmohar back from my Garden....and if you notice by its side there's a beautiful pink Frangipani blooming :)

Linking it toTodays Flowers

9 comments:

Neha@ All things beautiful said...

A very touching post! Some things do remind us of our time in India....

Sarmistha said...

Beautiful, wish I was in India and could grow these flowers in my garden.loved your post .

Shweta said...

You have a wonderful blog here. I like all the pictures you have clicked. Thanks again for visiting my blog and leaving a wonderful comment to make my day. :)

www.hastkalaa.blogspot.com

Madhu Gopalan said...

Aww grandpas are special, aren't they! Lovely post and lovely pictures!

Now Serving said...

Beautiful! Those look like cross between gardenia and jasmine - Intoxicating fragrances! Most of my perfumes are with these particular floral bouquets! Yes, these flowers do epitomize the essence of India and I lived in ND before I moved here as well! Would like to add Lily of the Valley to this list :) cheers, priya

Ash said...

awesome photos, that fresh jasmine flower shot is breath-taking and so is the Vishu-Kanni flowers (yellow)..so refreshing.
Cheers, Ash
http://myhome-ash.blogspot.com/

Tulika Jain said...

HI sharkara ,I know u wont be remembering me but i cant describe its just so nice to read your blog .Send me your email so that i can write on that. You must have heard about me . write back

Sharkara said...

Tulika,

Thank You for your sweet comments, still trying to remember you :) ...you can always write to me at sensitivecreations@gmail.com

Abdullah Ashrafi said...

whats the name of flower above gulmohar.......... please reply..... i need to know ....... thanks