Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Warli Fun!!

I have been thinking of doing this , for as soon as Rekha and Sharon started the Warli Carnival ...For the starters , let me brief you a bit about Warli...
Warli is a form of Indian Tribal art predominantly practised in Maharashtra and Gujrat...quoting Wikepedia

"The Warli culture portrays one of the best examples of man - environment interaction. Their indigenous practices are proof of how the tribals, though illiterate, had the mechanism to preserve the environment.

Life of the Warlis begins with the cradle ceremony by which a child is admitted into the tribe. The next is the lagin (initiation into adulthood with marriage); and the third is the maran and the dis (rites of death and ancestor-ship). The fourth is the zoli ceremony which has two parts: 'empowering' the child to face life in the forest and introducing the child to the community, which is the basis of Warli life."You can read more about the art form here...

Now the Fun Part,...it's been long time since I participated in a Key Bunch Carnival... they (Rekha and Sharon) are one of my favorite people in the blog world, because they were actually the first ones to acknowledge and welcome me in.. when I just joined... and that was a huge encouragement .....I am sure they won't even remember :) ,...
I have been thinking of participating everytime they had a carnival  this year but haven't been able to ...(last year I participated in quite a few and I was delighted ) ....So this time when they put up the Warli Carnival ...I was sure I had to...but the problem was ..I had never drawn Warli before ...and I was also not sure what to draw on...and this made the month of July pass on day after day..:)..... but then day before y'day ...I was going through Rachana Saurabh's Warli work at her blog it struck me ...how about a small attempt at making some Warli coasters...inspiration ..definitely Rachana Saurabh's Work ...motivation of Course Key Bunch ....and when you see the end results ...I think I am pleased ...what do you think??




























13 comments:

Nayana Donga said...

good idea to use it in to photo coasters.

One Girl Two Cats said...

Not familiar with this style of artwork, but they turned out cute. I like that it's not just the figures, but that they're set in a scene/context.

Neha@ All things beautiful said...

Oh...they look so cool! What medium did you use to do the warli?

Simran said...

Hi Sharkara, I passed on an award to you :) Details here - http://simzcorner.blogspot.com/2011/07/its-raining-awards.html

nishaslifestyle.blogspot.com said...

they r really lukng gud..i admire ur work sharkara..they r really lukng gud..i admire ur work sharkara..

Sharon said...

Sharkara, you flatter us! :) thank you...these are lovely arty renditions of warli - I loved the idea, and I am shamelessly going to copy this! :) will send u pics when I finally get them done and framed!

S

Sharkara@sensitivecreations said...

Thank You girls!
Sharon it's really always a pleasure to be part of your carnivals :)
Neha, That's our very own Sharpie :)

ash said...

Warli art! I have recently grown to like this style. Simple yet catchy art. This is some fantastic effort you have put it. They look lovely.
Also thanks for your love comments on my paints..cheera, ash
http://myhome-ash.blogspot.com/

ash said...

Warli art! I have recently grown to like this style. Simple yet catchy art. This is some fantastic effort you have put it. They look lovely.
Also thanks for your lovely comments on my paints..cheers, ash
http://myhome-ash.blogspot.com/

abeachcottage said...

They turned out lovely. Thanks for sharing at Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

Patricia Torres said...

Oh my gosh.. this is super cute!! Totally loved the idea.. Must share this with my girls.. they'll be thrilled.. :-)

Thanks for linking in to the weekend wrap up.. Brings a smile on my face!! :-)

notyet100 said...

Wow thy look so good

Sharkara@sensitivecreations said...

hey! Patty, thanks for liking it :) Sure,.. I would love to see the results, once your girls have made it :)