Monday, August 22, 2011

Krishna!

It's Janmashtami Today! I was reading the news and posts on other blogs , then I remembered...it was last year when I was visiting my grandparents , then during one of our conversations he had quipped about a beautiful doha( couplet) by the great poet and philosopher of his times "Raskhan" ..
Which goes like this ,
"Kaag ke bhaag ka kahiho
Hari haath se le gayo Maakhan Roti"
(Meaning: Blessed is the crow , who has the luck to snatch the buttered Chapati from the hands of the Supreme Krishna)
Happy Birthday Krishna!! and Happy Janmashtami! to those who follow and celebrate :)



Image via

8 comments:

Nisha said...

soo pretty...love ths post

Nayana said...

Thanks for sharing this Doha, meaning is so right!

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

The Doha is beautiful....

deepazartz said...

Awesome painting & a Beautiful doha:)))

Shanthi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shanthi said...

Lovely Doha. They depict the heights of the Mother - Son relation.

Deepak said...

The Doha is from Raskhan

If possible please visit the link below to see the complete poem

http://www.geeta-kavita.com/hindi_sahitya.asp?id=159.

SensitiveCreations.. said...

Thanks for the correction Deepak, I just went and corrected my post as well..thanks again or correction and hope to see you more often ...