Thursday, September 8, 2011

Colors Dekor and Patricia Torres!! :)

There are so many bloggers in the blog land whom we love but there are some who have created a place of their own and stand out in this ever growing creative crowd ...I would say Patricia Torres... lovingly known as Patty is one of them. What makes her different, well, in my opinion,.... her dedication to blogging, her extraordinary social skills, (you can see her comments in almost every bloggers's corner you would go to ) , that's the kind of encouragement she provides to all the bloggers new and old...her continuous creative endeavors which she shows off in her posts, and her energy and time management skills ...
"ENERGY and TIME Management" this is something which actually amazed me ever since I came to know  her....since long I had always wanted to ask her , about this and many more ...and it's when I ran out of patience or you can say when my inquisitiveness took over, I did something the result of which you would read below:) ...well... I asked/requested/invited her to do a guest post... cum chit chat session on my blog.......and Patricia, lovingly opened up ,
....thanks to the Internet , you can have the same experience with a friend in a different time zone as having a gossip cum an afternoon tea session with a friend next door :) .isn't that true...
 I so thank  Patty for sharing the lessor known sides of her ....which are so inspiring and cute :) Well, since it's about Patty, then now let me let her do the talking....Here's what she shares :).... when I asked ...

Tell me about Yourself Patty:I’m Patricia Torres, the common face behind Colours Dekor. I’m an accountant by day and an ardent blogger by evening time. Well…. We’ve all got 24 hours in a day… Time can only be maximised if you have the energy to maximise it…

So How do you plan your day!!!???......My day starts at 5.30am and ends at 10pm … Most mornings are rushed with preparing the kids to go to school, after which I attempt at spending an hour in the gym or going for a morning walk. Wow! You serious :)...and she says ...
Trust me… this is the last priority.. and often gets put off.. I am at work by 8.30am… Till about 4.30 pm I have my finance cap on and forget about anything creative… Really!!
How about evenings, how do you manage blogging so consistently with two kids..family and work...
Evenings are very disciplined… which means… that we spend an hour on home work… The kids are tucked in bed by 07.30pm… and by 8pm are fast asleep… Which means I get an hour before going to bed at 10pm… to blog, check on other blogs, etc.
And Weekends???...I am curious :)...
 I enjoy a Friday – Saturday weekend!! Fridays are mostly free with shopping and other home related chores like cleaning, clearing, DIYs, painting, redoing the house, etc. At most times, I include the kids in everything I do… If we paint something, I hand then a paint brush as well… If I’m clicking photographs, they come with their cameras as well.. Most DIYs are kid friendly which means, this is our time together… Saturdays are normally more busy with running around from one class to the other and organising ourselves for school the next day. I’ve always maintained the need to have a clean, and clutter free home. Which means, my daughters are more or less auto programmed to clean the area before I come home and clear the rooms before homework, sort their toys before going to bed.. Etc. This makes my life very easy. We have a designated area for nearly everything… example… our laptops when not in use have a shelf, the cables have a small drawer, school bags and other activity bags have a shelf, etc. So nearly everything has a permanent home. I guess having two girls makes it easier as well.. My younger daughter is a star at cleaning and de-cluttering.. It comes to her naturally… My older one is super lazy.. and needs a push.. But likes to keep only her stuff tidy.. .
I think you inherited it...and now passing it on ..As a growing adult, I was always interested in organising and re-arranging the house. The sofas, the cabinets would always be moved around. The layout of our home would never be the same. The tabletop would always have something new on it… As both my parents were working, I had ample time in the afternoons to browse through magazines and books and try my hand at creative stuff. I always loved to paint and do small craft work.. I’d make cards for nearly every occasion and everyone… I guess it was the fact that I had absolutely free afternoons, that drove me to learning something new. Even now, I am inspired by new ideas and new things. I love to try my hands and learn different things.

Colors Dekor....Blogging was a way to document all the little things I did in the house. That’s how Colours Dekor was born… and the name Colours only coz I totally love colours… and actually love any colour.. so it was the first name that came to my mind.. and luckily was not already taken.. *smiles*..

Isn't this one of nicest fairy tales you have heard and have been left asking for more.....fairy tale but true....actually ..We were so very proud of you Patty from the little we knew about you, but now that we know a little more ,...the appreciation has doubled :) ....

PS: do you know Patty also blogs at http://colourcorridor.blogspot.com/, it's her lessor known photography blog..but explore it and you will find it awesome...all images here are from Photography-Shutterbees, her new budding blog..:)

On a closing note ...I just wanted to thank all my bloggy friends for reading and following my blog since inception ...everytime one of you joins me as a follower I am doubly encouraged...I actually read at some blog and identify..... "You do not have to be a follower to  read my blog...but if you like my blog and things that I write about, please join me ! through google connect in the side bar,"... that would be your two cents to encourage me and surely that would make me happy :) ..not a big price :)...

Till next time ...God Bless and Take care:)

15 comments:

Sarmistha said...

I agree , I love Patty.She is an absolute darling , a total inspiration .
She is kind hearted and understands you even before you say what you want:)and no doubt a super talented mom.

Simran said...

Lovely interview!!! We all love Patty and its nice to know what keeps her going :) she is such an inspiration! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

What a delightful interview. Great going! Patty is one of my earliest blogger friends and a real sweetheart!

Meena said...

Haa this post reflected what I always thot of Patty! I can never stop raving n wondering of all the energy n time tht she has... Kudos to u lady!

Tessy said...

Nice to know the person behind such a lovely blog. Patty you are a truly a great multi tasker and a time manager.

mindspace said...

Hey beautiful Patty :) I loved the last picture.. and I agree with all the lovely comments above.. you are absolutely totally completely truly and really admirable.. :) i mean jitna tareef karo kam hai.. sach.

SensitiveCreations.. said...

Thanks Sharmistha, Simran and Anu For Stopping by and commenting :) Thank You Meena, Tessy and Mindspace for visiting me and leaving a comment :)

mindspace said...

Hey SC! I love your blog and read every post of yours through google reader :)just that I might not have commented often.. so the comment was very much for your lovely post.. pardon me if it came across as a note to patty only :p
Cheers
Tara

Neha@ All things beautiful said...

That's a super sweet interview....I've always known Patty as an amazing person, so helpful, friendly and extremely talented. You are a superwoman!

Patricia Torres said...

This is lovely!! Thank you for such a gorgeous experience.. :-) And all those lovely comments.. will keep me going for a long time..

Oh.. and I always tot I was following your blog.. But.. anyway.. Im following you now.. so cant wait to see all these lovely posts from you!!

Keep blogging.. Be happy!!

Ambika said...

Great reading this!! Colors Dekor is part of the daily staple diet of many many bloggers I know :) Keep it going Patty!

Tanya Anurag said...

A very well conducted interview. It's good to know more about Patty whose blog is 'haunted' by me every now and then ;)
Great work you two. It was short and sweet and at the same time interesting.

SensitiveCreations.. said...

Thank You Tanya, for the appreciation, you have lovely blog too...I went there , but some how blogger didn't let me comment..

Nayana said...

great article sarkara , I love how you conducted the interview and it was great joy to know more about Patty...I sure need to learn few things from her...:)

I came here before for sensitive words but did not wanted to read article in hurry so came back....:)

SensitiveCreations.. said...

So sweet of you Nayana :)