Monday, September 5, 2011

Sensitive Words! (Celebrating the 2500th birth anniversary of the Written Word)


 How was your Weekend My friends ...Well although mine is still in progress....but then, how can I forget to post the weekly quota of Sensitive Words, So without further delay, here's some humour and some words of wisdom from my dearest GPa :)
  
"A get together was arranged in honor of  Einstein  by one of his admirers in Columbia.When requested to say a few words before the assembled guests, he got up and said “ Gentlemen, I am sorry, I have nothing to say to you at present” and forthwith resumed his seat. This resulted in a wave of discontent among the distinguished guests. Noticing it, he again got up
 and   said “ Gentlemen, please excuse me today.Whenever I  have some thing to say to you, it would be my pleasure to present myself before you.”
Six years later, he sent a telegram to his friend in Columbia reading “ Now I do have some thing to say to your friends.”
Soon another get together was arranged. However, this time Einstein started explaining his Quantum theory to his audience, not one word of which was understood by anyone. { note with apoligies : According to the revolutionary Quantum theory, contrary to earlier concepts, energy exists only in whole numbers and each such unit is called “quantum” }

And Here's Some Wisdom Words:)
1. For it was not in my ears that you whispered but into my heart, it was not my lips you kissed but my soul…..Judy Garland
2. For the outer sense sees only visible things and the eyes of the heart alone perceive the invisible.

3 .The universe is a multi layered existence, there are many levels: atomic,molecular and thesub-atomic levels. So also the human consciousness: though one, yet it is many…… Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

4. With patience the mulberry leaves  turn into silken gowns--- the caterpillar into a butterfly"       





Take Care and soon will be back with lot more...
PS: To know about the origin and story of words of wisdom , read here & here

Images:My home
Linking it to Weekly Story at Pattys, and Metamorphosis Mondays 

3 comments:

notyet100 said...

My fav one is by Shri Ravi SHankar :)

Patricia Torres said...

Oh so lovely.. I like all your words of advice.. :-)

Karima said...

What a great written post! Saw you on linky party and now gfc following you, would love it if you popped by my blog, Karima :) www.karimascrafts.com