Monday, September 12, 2011

Sensitive Words! (Celebrating the 2500th birth anniversary of the Written Word)

Poems occupy the prime pride of place amongst sensitive written words because they are the most intense and economical expressions of the elusive human heart. As such, presented below to you today, to be followed intermittently in future editions, are a few lines of one of the immortal poets, which would get you nostalgic of your young romantic school days when those words, probably, formed part of your literature text book :


D a f f o d i l s
I wondered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o’er vales and hills,
When all atonce I saw a crowd,
A host of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake,beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

                        …….. William Wordsworth

Isn't that true what he said above , I so agree with you Grandpa,..I have read this poem long back in my school days and also with you ..I remember you reciting some of these ...and also some more from John Keats and Ogden Nash ...and likes to me ...when I used to visit you during my summer vacations...those are such prized memories of mine...it's such a pleasure to revisit them again and to recollect them in my blog ..so that they will be with me forever in a tangible form....Thanks a zillion for your effort..


Image :via

and readers ...here's the weekly quota of food for thought :

1. The pessimist complains about the wind.The optimist expects it to change.The realist adjusts the sail.

2. You can’t change anyone, your father, your mother or your wife ! Change yourself first.

3. God could not be present everywhere. Therefore He made mothers.

4. Life is full of surprises. Each one is a gift from the Unknown.Is it not a surprise when the Sun rises, the birds start chirping, when the seed becomes a tree and from the tree seeds are born? In the finite seed, infinite possibilities are hidden


Linking it to the Weekly Story, Metamorphosis Mondays,


9 comments:

Patricia Torres said...

The poem was my super favourite as a kid.. I'd say it to nearly every recital.. :-)

Nayana said...

beautiful..beautiful poem and great pic to go with....

ATUL JAIN said...

How well sensitive creations(the picture of the Golden Daffodils--where from did you hunt it out so soon?) and sensitive words go together!! .... Atul

Sharkara@SensitiveCreations said...

Hey Guys I am glad you liked it! :)

Sharkara@SensitiveCreations said...

GrandPa, it's the power of the internet,...it's so lovely to see you comment and like the post :) ...

Tessy said...

Those inspirational thoughts are thought-provoking. You have a lovely blog Sharkara and I hope to visit you often.

CinnamonNChillies said...

Hi Sharkara. Thank you for visiting and leaving such a lovely warm comment. I just loooove ur space as colors are my life too :-) Love your write-ups. And u have found a follower in me too. I will keep in touch via FB. See ya till next time :-)

Sharada
www.CinnamonNChillies.com

Lori @ Studio Waterstone said...

I love the food for thought! Great things to remind ourselves of every day. Have a good one.

Neha said...

Love the words....Happy to join you dear...