Monday, September 26, 2011

Sensitive Words! (Celebrating the 2500th birth anniversary of the Written Word)

Presenting below once again a poem,this time by your very own Ms Sharkara Jain,celebrating in her own 
words " her firm stand braving all odds". She had e-mailed it to me a long time back in the year 2004 after she first landed in New York.Three Cheers for her :

The Sun,the Moon 'n the Stars,
Constantly watch us from afar,
Gazing  at them with awe 'n respect,
A simple lesson  I always get;

Though it's but human to yield to emotions,
 Yet standing firm braving all odds,
 And churning out earthy solutions,
 Those who so dare,deserve all-round applause.
        ...... Sharkara Jain


Grandpa, thanks for the one above , I had actually forgotten about it, totally till you told me, then I went to my diary and flipped the pages and found it there...I feel so honored that you noted it down and found it worthy of mentioning it here :)

and guys, here's some food for thought :) This time creativity is the flavor ...

1.For many of us the word 'creativity' has a wall around it and we are on the outside.We protest that we have no gifts and that creativity is for geniuses. This,however,is wrong thinking, since creativity is not so much an aptitude as an attitude and therefore applicable anywhere from making a lemon pie to writing a poem or painting a beautiful  landscape...... Michael Drury

2.The story is told of a lady who rushed up to a great violinist after a concert and cried " I would give my life to play as you do." And the violinist answered soberly,"I did.",,,,, ibid

3.For peace of mind,resign as general manager of the universe....Larry Eisenberg

4.There is no odour as bad as that which arises from goodness tainted..... H D Thoreau



Compilation: Shri Atul Kumar Jain
Image: Mine , find me on Etsy

11 comments:

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

Celebrating with you the joy of the written word. A striking, thought provoking poem, reminding me to be grateful. Beautiful mosaic. Your work?
QMM

Soumya said...

Beautifully written !!!

Neha@ All things beautiful said...

Very nice words, Sharkara!

PS: ...and I love the madhubani cushions:)

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

Such beautiful words and the cushions are stunning!

SensitiveCreations.. said...

Thank You Peggy,Neha and Anu, I am so glad you like the Cushions...i plan to add more very soon :)

SensitiveCreations.. said...

Thanks Soumya !

Sound Horn Please said...

Gorgeous Sketch and lovely poetry! Off to check your Etsy store! :)

Jay said...

wow...love your post..nice write up dear..:)
Tasty Appetite

CinnamonNChillies said...

Beautiful poetry..and a beautiful write up dear. It just touched my heart. And chooo chweet grandpa..who keeps a record of ur writings. I don't know him, but still feeling so much love for him :-) I guess this is what being universally connected means :-)

Patricia Torres said...

I'd normally just look at the cushion and be happy.. and in total awe of how gorgeous it is..

But I've now begun to come to your blog.. and read..

Totally love the way you express yourself.. Very very well written!!

SensitiveCreations.. said...

Thank You Patty! :) I am so glad that YOU like it :)