Monday, October 10, 2011

Sensitive Words! (Celebrating 2500th Birth Anniversary of the Written Word)

Would you believe if you are told, in all seriousness, that mistaking the poets’ role Plato excluded them from his Utopia because of their “irrational character”? Despite this dubious charge, we present below another string of sensitive golden words recalling those good old days :

I Remember, I Remember

I Remember, I Remember
I remember, I remember
The house where I was born,
The little window where the sun
Came peeping in at morn;
He never came a wink too soon
Nor brought too long a day;
But now, I often wish the night
Had borne my breath away.

I remember, I remember
The roses red and white,
The violets and the lily cups--
Those flowers made of light!
The lilacs where the robin built,
And where my brother set
The laburnum on his birthday,--
The tree is living yet!

I remember, I remember
Where I was used to swing,
And thought the air must rush as fresh
To swallows on the wing;
My spirit flew in feathers then
That is so heavy now,
The summer pools could hardly cool
The fever on my brow.

I remember, I remember
The fir-trees dark and high;
I used to think their slender tops
Were close against the sky:
It was a childish ignorance,
But now 'tis little joy
To know I'm farther off from Heaven
Than when I was a boy.

-Thomas Hood 

So the count down begins :) ....little by little we are approaching that beautiful day of Diwali we all await every year ...what are your plans my friends...I have been reading some very interesting posts on Diwali on various blogs and finding loads of inspiration...hope fully would incorporate some of them and also do something new myself for my Diwali decor...I am  excited  .....I am excited for the decoration I will do this year and I am also eager...eager  to share all that with you when that happens and to know your views...something which I really look forward to ..meanwhile here's me sharing some of the pictures fromthe  last year :) you can find more of it here...and of course find below the inspiring  weekly thoughts ....hope you like what you see and read....Love ...





1.“To catch the continuous message which emanates from silence”

2. “See with your ears…..hear with your eyes”…Syed Haidar Raza (Paris based Indian Painter)

3. When was the last time you did something for somebody ?

4. “Learned optimism”----- the idea that by learning to expect occasional unhappiness people can avoid “pessimism”…..Salgan

Images: All Mine ..
Linking to the Weekly Story



7 comments:

Patricia Torres said...

Inspiring words, stunning diya.. and a gorgeous.. gorgeous.. Buddha.. You know Im totally mental about Buddha.. his teachings.. and anything about him..

Nayana said...

Very beautiful Sharkara, Buddha is very lovely. looks great with light...All four quotes are wonderful..

Shanthi said...

The quotes are beautiful and will look forward to seeing the diya decorations for Diwali at your home.

Poonam said...

The poem put me in quite a nostalgic mood!:) And wonderful Diwali decor...and the charming peaceful Buddha too.

notyet100 said...

U always come up with such interesting quotes,swish ya happy week ahead,..

Reshma at colorcanopy.blogspot.com said...

Truly inspiring words! And such beautiful decor!

Nisha said...

THE QUOTES ARE INSPIRING SHARKARA...LOVE THE GORGEOUS PICS TOO